Power customers across the Tri-State Area were thoroughly displeased after getting huge bills for estimated usage this month despite losing power, and then being asked to read their own meters to correct the situation.
A Moreland Commission launched earlier this month by Gov. Andrew Cuomo has issued subpoenas to utilities in a probe of their response and recovery operations during Superstorm Sandy.
Con Edison and the Long Island Power Authority confirmed Wednesday they received subpoenas from the state attorney general and were cooperating with his investigation into their work on Superstorm Sandy.
The governor signed an executive order Tuesday establishing a commission that will be tasked with investigating the response, preparation and management of New York’s power companies.
Monday morning, Con Ed said the last customers in Westchester who lost power during Superstorm Sandy and whose equipment could be restored got their power back — two weeks after the storm slammed the region.
It’s not just Long Island. Anger reached a boiling point for the powerless in Westchester County on Friday.
CEO Kevin Burke said despite the long-winded and widespread outages due to the double-punch of Sandy and the nor’easter, the company will still go ahead with a petition to the Public Service Commission to raise rates.
The snow, on top of destruction already caused by Superstorm Sandy, left residents who thought they found some relief back at square one. Can you imagine losing your power … again?!
At its height, millions of people across the Tri-State area were left without electricity in the wake of superstorm Sandy.
Tuesday was day eight for many living without power. Those lucky enough to have generators used them sparingly while others were boiling water to try and stay warm.
New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo slammed the state’s utility companies Monday for what he called their poor performance in restoring power and their failure to communicate with consumers.
There are still plenty of people without power in Westchester County, but County Executive Rob Astorino says there is good news.
A total of about 1.5 million power customers in the Tri-State area remained without power Sunday night, as relief and recovery efforts from Superstorm Sandy continued.
Con Edison has urged customers who recently got their power back in Lower Manhattan to conserve energy while crews work to reinforce underground systems.
As communities continue to recover in the wake of superstorm Sandy, Con Edison is distributing dry ice at seven locations in Brooklyn, the Bronx, Queens, Staten Island and Westchester County to those who remain without power.