Fire officials said Saturday that a resident of the Chinatown building that partially collapsed from an explosion this week had set off two rounds of bug bombs – and also neglected to turn off a pilot light.
Of the injuries, three were listed in critical condition, suffering from burns and smoke inhalation, EMS told WCBS 880. The firefighters’ injuries were listed as minor.
A contract worker pleaded not guilty Monday to charges in connection with an explosion at Nyack College in Rockland County.
Douglas Walker, 44, of South Nyack was charged with misdemeanor reckless endangerment and assault on Tuesday in connection with the June 4 explosion at Nyack College.
A fire department spokeswoman said a man was working on a refrigeration unit at the corner liquor store. As the man was loading a tank possibly containing propane into his car, the tank suddenly blew, sending the worker flying.
Seven people were hurt when the blast happened shortly before noon at a building known as the Sky Island Lodge on South Highland Avenue.
The explosion happened just before noon at a building known as the Sky Island Lodge on South Highland Avenue.
A house that caught fire and partially collapsed Wednesday in an area of Queens damaged by Superstorm Sandy had been approved for work under the city’s Rapid Repairs program.
They were allegedly in a third-floor apartment on West 33rd Street in Bayonne, when they allegedly dropped their makeshift bomb on the fire escape and onto the ground.
NYPD Deputy Police Commissioner Paul Browne said the city is stepping up security at hotels and other prominent locations through deployment of the NYPD’s critical response vehicles.
Nearly 50 local runners from Long Island survived the Boston Marathon without injury Monday, but they were still left in horror as the bombs went off.
The MTA says over 857,000 cubic yards of rock have been removed to create the new caverns and tunnels under Manhattan.
Investigators were searching for suspects Monday night, after a series of explosive devices detonated in New Rochelle.
A New Jersey family was left homeless for the holidays, after their home went up in flames following an explosion nearby.
A man trying to help a New Milford homeowner repair a propane leak was killed when the house exploded, leaving only a chimney, police said.