Michael Chiapperini, 34, and Tomasz Kaczowska, 19, were killed Monday after 62-year-old ex-convict William Spengler armed himself with three weapons and set his house on fire to lure first responders into a death trap.
William Spengler left a typewritten note saying he wanted to burn down the neighborhood and “do what I like doing best, killing people,” police said.
Officials say a fire started in one home and spread to two others and a car.
A Long Island man was lucky in more ways than one, as he got a chance Wednesday to thank his teammates for saving his life after a heart attack on the ice.
Two New York City firefighters were arrested in separate incidents in Brooklyn Friday – one for assault and harassment, the other for driving while intoxicated.
The calendar is produced annually to raise money for fire prevention programs.
The calendar will be out in stores next month and can also be purchased online.
Remember when Republicans praised first responders? Remember when Republicans where Leaving No Child Behind? There was a time, not so long ago, when the people who kept us safe and the people who educated our […]
One firefighter remained in critical condition and four others were listed in serious condition Monday night. A total of eight firefighters were hurt battling the fire, officials said.
Investigators say the fire started inside a ground-floor laundromat and quickly spread to the apartments above and nearby building.
Someone called 911 about the fire around 9 p.m. Sunday at the 63rd Street and Lexington Avenue subway station in an abandoned crew room.
According to investigators, the driver was trying to out run police and lost control.
One man is dead and a woman is in critical condition after a smoky fire in an apartment building in the Edenwald section of the Bronx on Sunday morning.
Firefighters pulled a 60-year-old man from a burning house fire in Roselle this morning, but the man had already died, a fire official said.
Neighbors became aware of the tragedy as firefighters and other investigators went door to door, checking carbon monoxide levels on the block.