With the lockout lingering into another week, the NHL labor talks are set to resume on Tuesday with owners and players scheduled to meet while a couple of key figures remain on the sidelines of the negotiations.
The NHL and the players’ association have agreed to a meeting with selective owners and players, but without NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman or union chief Donald Fehr.
The NHL and NHLPA’s non-binding meetings with federal mediators broke off without any progress.
The NHL announced that all regular-season games through Dec. 14 have been canceled.
“Apologies to all the loyal, passionate fans out there. We clearly do not have a willing negotiating partner,” tweeted Rangers defenseman Michael Del Zotto.
The NHL and the locked-out players are talking again, just not for very long.
So much for a two-week break. Just over a week since the last set of failed negotiations, the NHL and the locked-out players’ association will return to the bargaining table Monday.
The NHL and NHLPA are set to resume talks after an eight day break.
Negotiations had already hit a wall in the ongoing hockey labor fight, and now the NHL has suggested the sides take an official two-week break before getting back to the bargaining table.
Now the NHL and the locked-out players’ association aren’t even talking by phone.
Gary Bettman is the owners’ puppet, serving as their public mouthpiece.
Both sides in the NHL labor fight seem willing to talk. The problem is neither group likes what is being said at the other end of the table.
NHL owners and players are getting back to the bargaining table after a one-day break.
The sides were in contact Saturday before a small group got together, a players’ association spokesman says in an email. It hasn’t been determined if further bargaining will take place.
A fourth straight day of NHL labor talks failed to bring the league and its locked-out players any closer to a deal that would put hockey back on the ice and save the season.