Investigators on Thursday said a corroded pipe was to blame for a gas leak that forced evacuations on the Pleasantville campus at Pace University, and left some students stuck sleeping in the gym.
Kadeisha Joseph said she now suffers from constant neck and back pain and has had to give up her job working with disabled children.
An exit on the Belt Parkway at Flatbush Avenue in far southern Brooklyn was closed Thursday night, after a gas leak erupted.
The New York City Fire Department will now have a much greater role in responding to reports of possible gas leaks, according to an order made by Mayor Bill de Blasio in response to East Harlem explosion.
Experts have advice on how to deal with the smell of gas and the threat of a leak, whether you live in an apartment building or a private home.
The explosion was heard as far as 40 blocks away from the scene. Thick black smoke has been billowing out of the explosion site for hours.
Around 5 p.m., the FDNY responded to call of a gas odor at a home on Delaware Street.
Several hundred people have been evacuated from 11 Princeton University buildings because of a gas leak. All buildings were cleared for occupation at 12:40 p.m.
Nine buildings in Chelsea were evacuated Tuesday, after a gas leak erupted.
Douglas Walker, 44, of South Nyack was charged with misdemeanor reckless endangerment and assault on Tuesday in connection with the June 4 explosion at Nyack College.
Police said they are investigating a double murder-attempted suicide in the Bronx after finding two young children dead and their mother with lacerations to her wrists.
For two weeks now, there have been no hot showers and hot plate cuisine has been the order at the Cortlandt Ridge townhouse complex in Ossining, WCBS 880’s Sean Adams reported.
A construction crew hit a gas main on Bloomfield Avenue and South Park Street. As a precaution, about 100 people have been evacuated and streets around the area closed.
Residents who were home at the time say they heard what sounded like fireworks and then saw sparks shooting outside their windows.
Students were dismissed early following the evacuation. There are no reports of injuries.