CBS2-Header-Logo WFAN 1010WINS WCBS tiny WLNYLogo

hantavirus

Michael Vaughan (credit: Handout)

State Probes Case Of Hantavirus Contracted By L.I. Man

Michael Vaughan of Stony Brook said he was bit by a mouse in August during a camping trip in the Adirondacks near Lake Placid, N.Y.

10/12/2012

(credit: D. Loren Ketai, M.D./CDC)

Health Department: Montauk Man Died After Breathing In Fumes From Mice Droppings

Hantavirus is a lung infection caused by a microbe sometimes found in urine, droppings or saliva of infected rodents. Humans can become infected by inhaling the microscopic particles.

06/24/2011