International Monetary Fund
Nafissatou Diallo, the hotel maid who claims she was sexually assaulted by Dominique Strauss-Kahn last year, filed a lawsuit against him in August of 2011.
A March 15 hearing has scheduled for a lawsuit filed by the woman who accused former International Monetary Fund chief Dominique Strauss-Kahn of raping her in a Manhattan hotel.
Lawyers for the former International Monetary Fund head argued Strauss-Kahn is immune from a civil lawsuit under international law.
In his first interview since his sexual assault charges in New York were dropped, Dominique Strauss-Kahn appeared on French television to tell his side.
Attorneys Kenneth Thompson and Douglas Wigdor said people deserve to hear Strauss-Kahn “answer pointed questions about his conduct.” They note Guinean maid Nafissatou Diallo answered questions in July interviews and gave a detailed account of the May 14 encounter.
Strauss-Kahn, his wife and daughter left the rented house Saturday afternoon, carrying luggage. He didn’t say where he was going, but French media have reported he was expected to board a plane to Paris on Saturday.
The lawyer for the woman who accused former International Monetary Fund head Dominique Strauss-Kahn of sexual assault reportedly said Saturday that he believes prosecutors plan to dismiss some or all of the charges.
Prosecutors are looking into whether the maid’s lawyers and Strauss-Kahn’s attorneys talked about a potential deal after prosecutors developed doubts about her credibility, sources said.
NBC says the season opener of “Law & Order: Special Victims Unit” will deal with an Italian dignitary accused of rape.
Lawyers for Diallo said their client faces a difficult recovery from an encounter with ex-International Monetary Fund boss Dominique Strauss-Kahn that left her violated, humiliated and degraded.
A hotel maid who accused Dominique Strauss-Kahn of sexual assault, briefly spoke Thursday afternoon to group of supporters in Brooklyn.
Attorney Kenneth Thompson said Wednesday that the meeting went well, and focused on tapes of two conversations his client had with an incarcerated friend shortly after Strauss-Kahn’s arrest.
Strauss-Kahn’s lawyers said Tuesday they’d agreed to put off the Aug. 1 date to Aug. 23. They say they hope that by then, prosecutors will have decided to dismiss the case.
After nearly two months of silence, the woman accusing Dominique Strauss-Kahn of trying to rape her at a luxury Manhattan hotel is speaking out.
The former International Monetary Fund chief’s legal team met with prosecutors on Wednesday to try to hammer out a deal, but talks still appear to be at a stalemate.
- Tornado Devastates Moore,... Metro-North Derailment Repairs Bridgeport Metro-North Train... Eye On Manhattan
- World Trade Center Sunrise Construction Barges For New... Prince Harry Plays Polo In... Prince Harry Visits New York...
- Demolition Begins On Jet Star... Prince Harry Visits Jersey... Angelina Jolie Through The... Spire Installed Atop One...
- Garbage Truck Demolishes Home... Another Brick In The... Costume Gala At The Met Jersey Shore Gets Ready For...