Just over two weeks since the Boston Marathon bombings, Boston police are studying ways to improve security for upcoming events.
The official also said that Tsarnaev revealed that the bombs were constructed at his older brother Tamerlan’s residence and that Tamerlan had brought Dzhokhar into the plot a couple of months before.
Azamat Tazhayakov and Dias Kadyrbayev are charged with conspiring to obstruct justice, according to court documents. A third man, Robel Phillipos, is charged with making false statements to federal investigators.
The man who was carjacked by the Boston Marathon bombing suspects broke his silence Tuesday to CBS News.
Long Island Rep. Peter King, a member of the House Homeland Security Committee, said such information “definitely would have caused the investigation to go further.”
Kelly said the FBI apparently learned of the suspects’ supposed plan at least 48 hours prior to telling the NYPD.
Investigators now say the Boston Marathon bombing suspects may have been headed for New York City if not for the death of Tamerlan Tsarnaev and the eventual capture of his younger brother Dzhokhar.
Boston Marathon bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev was conscious Sunday night, and was responding in writing to authorities, CBS News has confirmed with law enforcement officials.
With the surviving Boston Marathon bombing suspect in police custody Saturday, officials will be trying to determine how and why he and his brother committed the heinous and deadly attack.
Following an intense manhunt that caused chaos in Massachusetts and riveted the rest of the nation, law enforcement finally captured the second Boston Marathon bombing suspect on Friday night.
In the wake of the explosions at the Boston Marathon Monday afternoon, police are looking at all possible angles — whether it was an act of domestic terrorism or international terrorism.
Moving slowly in a blue prison jumpsuit and shackles, with his thinning hair and greying beard, Sulaiman Abu Ghaith looked markedly different Friday than he did in a video released the day after the 9/11 attacks.
The bomb appeared to have exploded inside the security checkpoint at the side entrance to the embassy, but did not damage the inside of the embassy itself.
Pedro Hernandez, 51, did not speak during his brief court proceeding. His lawyer said he was fit to stand trial and a judge ordered him held without bail.
Attorney Harvey Fishbein says 51-year-old Pedro Hernandez is being charged in the disappearance of Etan Patz . Hernandez, of Maple Shade, N.J., confessed to the 1979 killing six-year-old Patz earlier this year.