Floribert Nava, of Wildwood, pleaded guilty in February, admitting that she used a fake gun on March 22, 2013, to carjack the then-17-year-old victim.
Jury selection got under way Monday in the trial of a New Jersey man and a former Manhattan school librarian who are charged with conspiring to rape, torture and murder women and children.
A woman was walking through the Lake Riviera section of Brick when two men pulled up in a white van with tinted windows and one of the men forced her inside, police said.
Police on Wednesday issued a surveillance video showing a suspect in the kidnapping of Brooklyn real estate developer Menachem “Max” Stark, whose burned body was found last week in a Long Island dumpster.
The partially-burned body of a Brooklyn real estate developer was discovered in a dumpster in Great Neck, Long Island this week, a day after police said he was kidnapped in Brooklyn.
Police said a 10 to 15-year-old Hispanic boy could be seen on surveillance video getting out of the driver’s side rear door of a dark-colored Nissan Altima and then into the trunk of the car.
Two lawyers refused to represent Ramel Robinson after he threatened to spit in their faces. Robinson also threatened to spit on the judge.
John Esposito, 64, was found shortly after a parole hearing, CBS 2 reported. It appears that he died of natural causes, according to the Department of Correction.
The Ohio man convicted of holding three women captive in his Cleveland house over a decade and raping them repeatedly has been sentenced to life without parole plus 1,000 years.
A 4-year-old girl was found safe Sunday in Memphis, after being taken by her biological father two days earlier in Queens.
The mystery began in a Chicago hospital in 1964. Chester and Dora Fronczak had given birth to a baby boy named Paul Joseph Fronczack.
Three babies were abducted from three different families back in 1989 – all about the same time and in nearly the same way.
According to police, businessman Pedro Portugal was bound and burned with acid as captors demanded a $3 million ransom from his family in Quito, Ecuador.
Three men were charged Wednesday with kidnapping an Ecuadorean national in Queens, and holding him in a warehouse for a month as they demanded $3 million ransom.
The brothers of Ariel Castro –- the man charged with kidnapping three women in Cleveland and holding them captive for a decade – broke their silence Sunday.