The governor has maintained that he knew nothing of the lane closures until a state legislative panel began investigating.
An investigation into the George Washington Bridge lane closure scandal has ramped up. A total of 17 individuals and three organizations were notified Thursday that they’d be issued subpoenas.
A New Jersey State Assembly panel released hundreds of pages of internal documents Friday afternoon as federal prosecutors and others examine the case.
Deputy chief of staff Bridget Anne Kelly’s employment was terminated Thursday morning effective immediately, Gov. Chris Christie said.
A subpoena was issued Tuesday to David Wildstein ordering him to appear before an Assembly panel on Jan. 9, Assemblyman John Wisniewski announced Tuesday.
Shutting down the access lanes from Fort Lee onto the bridge caused hours-long delays for four straight days beginning Sept. 9 and infuriated local officials who said they hadn’t been notified in advance.
The New York City Department of Transportation announced the closure of the Manhattan-bound lanes from 12:01 a.m. to 6 a.m. Saturday, Nov. 23 and from 9 p.m. Saturday through 6 a.m. Monday, Nov. 25.
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey came under fire Monday for unannounced lane closures at the George Washington Bridge last month, which caused massive traffic headaches.
Two of the three lanes approaching the GWB tolls caused gridlock over four straight days beginning Sept. 9. The lanes were reopened following rush hour on Sept. 13.