A major upgrade to Metro-North’s New Haven line is nearly complete — and it should help cut the number of stalled trains on the commuter railroad.
A model has filed a lawsuit against the New School for over $10 million, saying the school used her image in ads without her permission.
Torrential rain left roads flooded and impassable, caused major traffic and transit delays, and even caused a mudslide Wednesday – and the rain was expected to persist to affect the Thursday morning commute.
After nearly two centuries of using paper tickets, the commuter lines are going high tech.
The agency approved an additional $11.3 million contract to speed up the retrofitting of hundreds of Metro-North and LIRR coaches for Positive Train Control.
The move comes two weeks after a National Transportation Safety Board report revealed that the engineer in December’s deadly derailment has been diagnosed with severe sleep apnea.
In a letter to Metro-North president Joseph Giulietti, Gov. Malloy wrote: “I expect that the new schedule will reflect your commitment to deliver a comprehensive program of safe, reliable and fast service in Connecticut.”
The executives, including the senior vice president of operations, are scheduled to address the Connecticut Commuter Rail Council on Wednesday during the group’s monthly meeting.
Many respondents said they noticed no improvement over the last few months and the most common complaint was late trains.
At its monthly board meeting Tuesday, the agency approved spending nearly a half-million dollars on an outside consultant to conduct a comprehensive safety review.
Inspectors last year found broken joint bars and loose or missing rail braces that hold tracks to the ties in Bridgeport, Norwalk, New Haven and Stamford.
Metro-North’s new president Joseph Giulietti, who took over earlier this year, has said the railroad will put safety as the top priority over being on time.
Fed up commuters on the Metro-North Railroad got a chance to give the railroad’s new president a piece of their minds Wednesday.
Following the release of a scathing report from the Federal Railroad Administration, Metro-North Railroad has instituted some new safety measures.
The move is in response to safety recommendations put forward by the National Transportation Safety Board following a December derailment that killed four people in the Bronx.