Montefiore Medical Center
It’s the second day of the new year and the second day of that New Year’s resolution taking hold. Experts say it’s OK to have a resolution fail.
Police arrested an unnamed 12-year-old girl and charged her with misdemeanor assault.
New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo declared a public health emergency Saturday, as the flu epidemic rocked the nation and hospitals and urgent care centers saw huge crowds.
New technologies can now minimize potentially deadly surgical mistakes that leave instruments and sponges behind.
The new regulation puts a 16-ounce limit on sugary drinks sold at city restaurants, movie theaters, sports venues and street carts and apply to both bottled and fountain drinks.
A controversial city-wide program took effect Monday. Latch On NYC was designed to support mothers who choose to breastfeed their newborns.
It’s been a devastating ordeal for Roberto Medina, but his family is still hoping for a happy ending.
Late last month a woman giving a kidney to her brother died during the surgery. However, late Wednesday night there was a stunning development, one that might just bring solace to a grieving family.
According to police, officers thought Ramarley Graham was acting suspiciously on the street.
At a briefing Friday, NYPD Commissioner Ray Kelly said the sergeant who supervised the officer has also been placed on restricted duty. They had to turn in their guns and badges and will sit behind a desk for 30 days.
The New York State Nurses Association and Montefiore Medical Center in the Bronx said Friday they had reached a deal for a new, four-year contract.
Medical students are getting intern and residency assignments, which means packing up and moving on, often far away from family and friends.
While the earthquake in Haiti a year ago destroyed the house of 15-year-old Lovely Ajuste, the disaster may have also brought her a new heart.
For the next six months, Hailey will continue taking the medication to see if any tests come back positive.
A three-year-old could have HIV after she was accidentally pricked with a needle at a Bronx hospital.