One of the major keys to San Diego State’s 6-1 start is Utah transfer JJ O’Brien. The 6-7 forward has blended perfectly alongside the Aztecs’ talented perimeter of Xavier Thames, Chase Tapley, and Jamaal Franklin and given Steve Fisher one of the better glue guys in the country.
I know Syracuse likes to market themselves as “New York’s team” and there are a lot of Orange fans in the area—but this one will be U-G-L-Y.
No. 12 Penn State played tough defense and basic offense. The Nittany Lions fought back when they were down, trying to rally from a 17-point deficit against No. 19 Nebraska on Saturday.
It was a tough winter for riders on Metro-North’s New Haven Line and the railroad is taking steps to avoid similar problems this coming winter.
They’re a bit like circling buzzards. The one-loss teams are hanging around the fringe, waiting and hoping for something bad to happen to the four undefeated teams at the front of the BCS line.
10. Nebraska (8-1): The Cornhuskers played Iowa State without quarterback Taylor Martinez and were lucky to come out alive in their 31-30 overtime win.
I knew LSU’s defense would keep the Tigers in the game, but never did I think I’d see Alabama allow 433 yards (225 rushing) to LSU’s mediocre and dysfunctional offense.
10. Nebraska (7-1): The Cornhuskers dispelled the myth of the Missouri Tigers on Saturday…
It might be too early to say that Syracuse is back – but second year Head Coach Doug Marrone certainly has the Orange headed in the right direction.
Michigan State at Iowa is the best game of the weekend. It’s clear that the Big 10 is the finest conference in the nation and here we are with another classic showdown.
Number 1 has now lost three weeks in a row. This time around it was the top ranked BCS team Oklahoma dropping a prime time inter-conference game to rival Missouri.
When the first official BCS rankings were released Sunday the Sooners took the top spot. Their prize is a trip to Missouri to take on the defensive-minded Tigers.
I don’t mean to gloat or anything, but I did nail this game in my predictions this week. I said Wisconsin would knock off the undeserving #1 team in the land, Ohio State.
The Buckeyes celebrate their new #1 ranking by taking a trip to Madison to take on the Wisconsin Badgers. Surviving this test will be no easy feat for Jim Tressel and company.
10. Michigan State (6-0): The Spartans are another team that made a huge statement on Saturday with their convincing win over rival Michigan at the Big House.
- Shuttle Pavilion Update Tornado Devastates Moore,... Metro-North Derailment Repairs Bridgeport Metro-North Train...
- Eye On Manhattan World Trade Center Sunrise Construction Barges For New... Prince Harry Plays Polo In...
- Prince Harry Visits New York... Demolition Begins On Jet Star... Prince Harry Visits Jersey... Angelina Jolie Through The...
- Spire Installed Atop One... Garbage Truck Demolishes Home... Another Brick In The... Costume Gala At The Met