TCU’s impressive victory over the weekend not only lifted the Horned Frogs to No. 3 in The Associated Press poll, it caused Auburn to move up behind top-ranked Oregon and Boise State to fall two spots to No. 4.
Although the TCU-Utah matchup doesn’t scream prestige or history, make no mistake, this is by far the biggest game of week 10.
5. Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford: Stanford has been flying under the radar and so has their star quarterback. But Luck is the best pure quarterback in the game.
10. Nebraska (7-1): The Cornhuskers dispelled the myth of the Missouri Tigers on Saturday…
It might be too early to say that Syracuse is back – but second year Head Coach Doug Marrone certainly has the Orange headed in the right direction.
Michigan State at Iowa is the best game of the weekend. It’s clear that the Big 10 is the finest conference in the nation and here we are with another classic showdown.
10. Ohio State (7-1): Unfortunately, Ohio State will need for a million things to go their way for them to accomplish the goals they had coming into the season.
The unbeaten Tigers (8-0) vaulted from fourth to the top spot Sunday, putting the Southeastern Conference in line for a fifth straight appearance in the national title game.
Auburn jumped two spots to No. 3 behind top-ranked Oregon and Boise State in the media poll Sunday, and Missouri vaulted 11 spots to No. 7.
10. Utah (6-0): It’s just not the record that impresses me – because they don’t play the best of competition – it’s the team, and the way they play on both sides of the ball.
Oklahoma and Oregon are in the top spots of the first BCS standings of the season, leaving Boise State chasing a spot in the national championship game.
10. Michigan State (6-0): The Spartans are another team that made a huge statement on Saturday with their convincing win over rival Michigan at the Big House.
10. Arkansas (3-1): I put the Razorbacks ahead of teams such as Utah, Miami and Stanford because they are more deserving.
We headed into the weekend with a plethora of marquee matchups, but very few of them actually lived up to the hype. However, despite the lack of drama, we saw some big statements made.
We are entering the best Saturday of the season to date. The headliner is #7 Florida visiting Tuscaloosa to take on #1 Alabama.