If the Yankees third baseman cares at all about returning to the game with any ounce of personal integrity in 2015, a full confession is his only exit strategy.
During the back and forth between the 40 or so union members on the call not one player defended A-Rod, and that was quite an indictment considering they have frequent disagreements on all kinds of issues, the report said.
Since most men don’t have the time, money, and desperation for such municipal waste, we have the A-Rod apologist, who, like their fallen icon, has resorted to vast swaths of illogical reasoning, deflection, and denial in his defense.
Ex-Yankee Chuck Knoblauch says baseball’s Steroids Era really wasn’t as bad as the narrative might suggest. “If somebody was doing something, it was definitely behind the scenes,” he told WFAN radio.
By now you probably know about the virtually impossible legal hurdles that A-Rod has to jump over to get a stay or an injunction or, eventually, an elimination or reduction of that season-long suspension.
Of all the holes the Yankees have filled and still need to address, third base is not one of them. Assuming his health cooperates, Rodriguez will be in pinstripes again. This year. Not next.
An independent arbitrator ruled Saturday to ban A-Rod for a full season, including the playoffs. “The number of games sadly comes as no surprise, as the deck has been stacked against me from day one,” Rodriguez said in a statement.
The Yankees have to be thrilled that they won’t have to deal with the distraction that would have come with Alex Rodriguez every waking second of next season. And, oh yeah, they just got an additional $25 million to play with, too.
Winslow, who finished with 31 receptions for 388 yards and two touchdowns this season, was suspended four games earlier in the season for violating the NFL’s policy on performance-enhancing drugs.
With all the talk of performance enhancing drug allegations hindering the credentials of players up for Baseball Hall of Fame consideration, former major league manager Bobby Valentine dropped a bit of a bombshell on Thursday.
It seems we’ll have at least one more weekend to debate the Alex Rodriguez case. An arbitrator’s decision on A-Rod’s 211-game suspension “probably won’t be known until next week,” according to the New York Post.
In a 33-page amended complaint filed Tuesday in federal court in Manhattan, the lawyers said: “Mr. Selig lacked the courage of his convictions to explain under oath the reasons for the suspension.”
MLB has threatened A-Rod with additional discipline if he answers questions at an interview and denies using PEDs during the period in question.
The New York Times has reported that the three-time American League MVP failed a drug test for stimulants back in 2006. Lanny J. Davis, one of the representatives of A-Rod’s high-powered legal team, denied the accusation.
“It is sad that Commissioner Selig once again is turning a blind eye, knowing that crimes are being committed under his regime,” Rodriguez said. “I have 100 percent faith in my legal team.”