The long-awaited museum dedicated to the victims of the Sept. 11 terror attacks will open to the public at the World Trade Center site on May 21.
More than 11 and a half years later, the battle continues over where to house unidentified 9/11 remains at the World Trade Center site.
The memorial has added a $2 service fee to online and phone reservations. But the Memorial Foundation said the fee is temporary.
The head of the Transportation Security Administration said Tuesday that air passengers will now be allowed to carry folding knives with blades that are 2.36 inches or less.
Sally Regenhard, who lost her son on 9/11, called the agreement an “immoral, unethical and illegal backdoor move,” reported WCBS 880′s Peter Haskell.
The FBI began its investigation last week amid claims that Rupert Murdoch’s News Corp. may have tried to hack into the phones of 9/11 victims after Long Island Rep. Peter King put on the pressure demanding action.
While many were jubilant that the mastermind of the worst terror attack in New York City history was dead, that excitement was tempered by the possibility for retaliation.
Some relatives of victims who died a decade ago at the World Trade Center are decrying a plan to place more than 9,000 unidentified pieces of human remains at the site of the National September 11 Memorial and Museum.