Sandy Hook Elementary School
The charity’s founder said Friday that only $30,000 of the $103,000 donated was used for the foundation’s purpose.
The Sandy Hook Advisory Commission is scheduled to convene for the first time since state police released about 7,000 pages of documents stemming from the investigation into the Dec. 14, 2012 shooting.
Judge William Skretny rejected arguments that the law’s bans on large-capacity magazines and the sale of some semi-automatic rifles violate Second Amendment rights.
The planned release Friday of thousands of pages of police documents from the investigation into last year’s school massacre in Newtown could shed additional light on the world of the 20-year-old gunman.
While speaking during his weekly address heard on 1010 WINS, the mayor said he won’t leave the gun control cause behind when he leaves office.
Saturday marks the one-year anniversary of the shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School that took the lives of 20 children and six educators.
The massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School sent a community and nation into mourning, provoked new security measures in schools and left the nation even more deeply divided over the issue of guns.
Washington National Cathedral will host the Vigil for All Victims of Gun Violence Thursday, two days before the first anniversary of the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre that left 20 first graders and six educators dead.
Families of those killed at Sandy Hook Elementary School say they will be lighting candles in the victims’ memory the night before the shooting’s anniversary.
A week from Saturday marks the one-year anniversary of the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre. The town, still traumatized by the mass killing, is officially asking the world to stay away.
Recordings of 911 calls from the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting show town dispatchers calmly responding to a janitor, a teacher and others and assuring them help is coming.
The Vigil for All Victims of Gun Violence will also honor the more than 30,000 Americans who have died from a gunshot since the Newtown massacre, according to the National Cathedral.
A Connecticut Superior Court judge ruled last week that the tapes from the Dec. 14, 2012 massacre should be released to The Associated Press after a lengthy fight over the records that have been withheld by investigators.
The state’s Freedom of Information Commission ruled in September that the recordings should be provided to The Associated Press, but State’s Attorney Stephen Sedensky III asked for a stay while he appeals that order.
The prosecutor who led the investigation into the Newtown school shooting says it did not determine a motive for the Dec. 14 attack.