Dix Hills Fire Department Uses First Cyanokit To Treat Cyanide Poisoning, Smoke InhalationFor the first time in Suffolk County, a new medicine was used to help save a man's life after he was rescued from his burning home in Dix Hills.
Prosecutor: Deaths Ruled Accidental For 6 Family Members Killed In Newark FireThe six family members who were killed in a fire in Newark this past weekend all died of smoke inhalation, and their deaths were accidental, prosecutors said Wednesday.
Fire Spreads To 2 Homes In Elizabeth, N.J.About a dozen people were displaced Sunday afternoon to battle a blaze at a home in Elizabeth, N.J.
Massive Fire Leaves Dozens Homeless In HempsteadFirefighters are battling a large blaze in Hempstead Village. It started in an oven and spread into the apartments above, according to police.
Elderly Disabled Woman Carried To Safety After Fire Breaks Out In Huntington ApartmentSuffolk County police said that Officer Joseph Lanzisera broke a window to climb into the smoke-filled Huntington apartment at around 9 p.m on. Friday. Police said that the woman has been hospitalized with burns to her face.
Bronx Fire Traps Family, Leaves Father And Three Children In Critical ConditionAs a family screamed for help inside their sixth-floor apartment at 50 E. 191st Street in the Bronx at around 3 a.m. on Saturday morning with flames surrounding them, the FDNY sprung into action.
3 Killed In Monday Morning Bronx House FireA 36-year-old man, 40-year-old woman, and their 12-year-old son were trapped inside the building when the fire broke out around 3:30 a.m. Monday.
Jamaica Fire Sends Super To HospitalA fire broke out in a three-story building on 89th Avenue in Jamaica, Queens early Sunday morning.
5 Flee Burning Home In South JerseyAuthorities found smoke and flames when they arrived at the home at 156 Broad Street in Dennis Township.
Officials: Burns Killed Elderly Man On S.I.Investigators said 68-year-old Joseph Abdo was killed by the early-morning fire in Emerson Hill. The fire reportedly began inside his custom-designed room.
Fire Officials Investigate Fatal S.I. BlazeThe fire started at a home on LaGuardia Street in Castelton Corners just before 4:30 a.m. Saturday.