CBS News has learned that U.S. intelligence suggests that al Qaeda or one of its affiliates has a major plot under way. What they don’t know is the date, time or exact target.
It’s something you probably do a dozen times a day — jump on your computer and enter a search into Google. One Long Island couple did just that, and then heard a knock on the door from police.
Federal authorities announced Wednesday a high school student from Long Island pleaded guilty to charges stemming from his plans to travel to Yemen to volunteer to fight for al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula.
Glendon Scott Crawford and Eric J. Feight wanted to build a mobile, remotely operated device that would silently zap unsuspecting targets with lethal doses of X-rays, prosecutors said.
“The allegations in this case serve as still another reminder that terrorism has not abated, that we must remain vigilant, and that when we do, terrorist plots against us can be thwarted,” said Police Commissioner Ray Kelly.
Kelly said the FBI apparently learned of the suspects’ supposed plan at least 48 hours prior to telling the NYPD.
In the wake of the explosions at the Boston Marathon Monday afternoon, police are looking at all possible angles — whether it was an act of domestic terrorism or international terrorism.
Sulaiman Abu Ghaith was brought to the United States last month. He’s charged with conspiring to kill Americans in his alleged role as al Qaeda’s top propagandist after the Sept. 11, 2001 terrorist attacks. He has pleaded not guilty.
Inside Brooklyn Federal Court, attorney Frederick Cohn, representing an accused terrorist, told the judge, “I’m not wild about having Jews on the jury in this case.”
Walk around the city, or drive around the suburbs, and there’s a good chance that a dirty bomb detector will check you out.
It is becoming more and more clear that it was liberal-leaning politicians who threw her under the bus and they are also the ones who are keeping her under the bus.
Now that the Obama White House and senior intelligence officials have reportedly admitted that they approved Susan Rice’s inaccurate talking points about the Benghazi terrorist attack being the reaction to a protest about a film rather than a terrorist attack, the investigation must go on.
The newspapers that are not endorsing President Barack Obama are extremely brave. They are to be positively recognized for their courage to stand up against the onslaught of the liberal media which refuses to speak in the best interest of the country as the presidential election nears.
When the storm and its headlines have passed, however, the questions about the Benghazi tragedy should continue full force as November 6 continues to near. During the much-needed questioning and impending investigation, it would be grand if President Obama would remain presidential throughout the process.
Sources said officials want to question several people, including a co-conspirator Nafis talked to about the plot. That person was arrested Wednesday in San Diego on unrelated child porn charges.