Wisconsin-TCU is truly a fascinating matchup between two very balanced teams that have destroyed virtually everybody who got in their way.
The New York Giants have returned to New Jersey after being stranded in Wisconsin after Sunday’s loss to the Green Bay Packers. Team spokesman Pat Hanlon said Tuesday that the team arrived at Newark Liberty Airport at about 11 a.m.
There was a roll of the dice up in the Catskills on Monday night as the State of New York tried to fashion a new casino deal for the blighted region. Many are betting on it.
#9 Ohio State @ #20 Iowa: This is the game of the week. Ohio State is very much alive and in a three-way tie with Michigan State and Wisconsin for the conference lead.
They’re a bit like circling buzzards. The one-loss teams are hanging around the fringe, waiting and hoping for something bad to happen to the four undefeated teams at the front of the BCS line.
10. Nebraska (8-1): The Cornhuskers played Iowa State without quarterback Taylor Martinez and were lucky to come out alive in their 31-30 overtime win.
5. Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford: Stanford has been flying under the radar and so has their star quarterback. But Luck is the best pure quarterback in the game.
10. Nebraska (7-1): The Cornhuskers dispelled the myth of the Missouri Tigers on Saturday…
A Wisconsin man whose theft of a tourist’s bag was captured in a photograph the tourist was taking has been sentenced to five days in jail.
10. Ohio State (7-1): Unfortunately, Ohio State will need for a million things to go their way for them to accomplish the goals they had coming into the season.
Number 1 has now lost three weeks in a row. This time around it was the top ranked BCS team Oklahoma dropping a prime time inter-conference game to rival Missouri.
When the first official BCS rankings were released Sunday the Sooners took the top spot. Their prize is a trip to Missouri to take on the defensive-minded Tigers.
10. Utah (6-0): It’s just not the record that impresses me – because they don’t play the best of competition – it’s the team, and the way they play on both sides of the ball.
I don’t mean to gloat or anything, but I did nail this game in my predictions this week. I said Wisconsin would knock off the undeserving #1 team in the land, Ohio State.
For the second week in a row, there will be a new No. 1 in college football, with the Buckeyes falling the way Alabama was beaten last week – on the road and in conference.