There was a roll of the dice up in the Catskills on Monday night as the State of New York tried to fashion a new casino deal for the blighted region. Many are betting on it.
#9 Ohio State @ #20 Iowa: This is the game of the week. Ohio State is very much alive and in a three-way tie with Michigan State and Wisconsin for the conference lead.
They’re a bit like circling buzzards. The one-loss teams are hanging around the fringe, waiting and hoping for something bad to happen to the four undefeated teams at the front of the BCS line.
10. Nebraska (8-1): The Cornhuskers played Iowa State without quarterback Taylor Martinez and were lucky to come out alive in their 31-30 overtime win.
5. Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford: Stanford has been flying under the radar and so has their star quarterback. But Luck is the best pure quarterback in the game.
10. Nebraska (7-1): The Cornhuskers dispelled the myth of the Missouri Tigers on Saturday…
A Wisconsin man whose theft of a tourist’s bag was captured in a photograph the tourist was taking has been sentenced to five days in jail.
10. Ohio State (7-1): Unfortunately, Ohio State will need for a million things to go their way for them to accomplish the goals they had coming into the season.
Number 1 has now lost three weeks in a row. This time around it was the top ranked BCS team Oklahoma dropping a prime time inter-conference game to rival Missouri.
When the first official BCS rankings were released Sunday the Sooners took the top spot. Their prize is a trip to Missouri to take on the defensive-minded Tigers.
10. Utah (6-0): It’s just not the record that impresses me – because they don’t play the best of competition – it’s the team, and the way they play on both sides of the ball.
I don’t mean to gloat or anything, but I did nail this game in my predictions this week. I said Wisconsin would knock off the undeserving #1 team in the land, Ohio State.
For the second week in a row, there will be a new No. 1 in college football, with the Buckeyes falling the way Alabama was beaten last week – on the road and in conference.
The Buckeyes celebrate their new #1 ranking by taking a trip to Madison to take on the Wisconsin Badgers. Surviving this test will be no easy feat for Jim Tressel and company.
We headed into the weekend with a plethora of marquee matchups, but very few of them actually lived up to the hype. However, despite the lack of drama, we saw some big statements made.