WFAN’s Fantasy Phenom Year 4: Rules & Details
THE “WFAN FANTASY PHENOM” YEAR 4 AUDITIONS
OFFICIAL AUDITION RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR BE SELECTED. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF BEING SELECTED.
HOW TO AUDITION
1. These rules govern the WFAN Fantasy Phenom Auditions (the “Promotion”) being conducted by WFAN-AM (the “Station”) beginning on July 25, 2013 at 6:00AM and ending on August 23, 2013 at 7:00PM. All times specified in these rules are Eastern Time. Audition locations, dates and/or times for each round are subject to change and any changes will be broadcast on Station and will be reflected in updated rules.
2. To participate in the Promotion and be selected for the possibility of hosting a program on the Station for a year, you may attempt to audition via the following methods:
Round 1 Onsite Auditions:
a. Come to one of the participating Modell’s Sporting Goods locations on a date specified below to be screened for an opportunity to audition to host a Station program for up to one (1) year. WFAN reserves the right to begin pre-screening candidates up to 30 minutes prior to the announced times. The first 100 people in line at each of the on-site screenings will each be guaranteed an opportunity to be screened for an opportunity to audition. Thereafter you are not guaranteed that you will be seen for a screening regardless of whether or not you are in line prior to the times specified.
MODELL’S ROUND 1 AUDITION DATES AND LOCATIONS:
a. Thursday, July 25, 2013, at Modell’s, 795 Columbus Avenue, New York, NY 10025. Time will be 12:00PM (noon).
b. Saturday, July 27, 2013, at Modell’s, 473 River Road, Edgewater, NJ 07020. Time will be 10:00AM.
c. Tuesday, July 30, 2013, at Modell’s, 391 South Oyster Bay Rd., Plainview, NY 11803. Time will be 6:00PM.
b. This year, contestants may perform either as individuals or as a duo (maximum of two (2) contestants per team) – contestants may select only one pairing option (individual or duo) at each location.
c. Round 1 Online Audition Dates: WFAN reserves the right to accept on line auditions if station deems necessary.
3. The Station reserves the right, but not the obligation, to make additional means of auditioning available (including online), or to expand the list of audition dates and locations above. In the event that additional opportunities are made available, they will be announced on-air.
1. The Promotion is open to all persons 18 years of age and older. Officers, directors, and employees of Modell’s Sporting Goods, the Station, the Station’s licensee (collectively, “Promotion Entities”), their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated entities, Station’s advertising and promotional agencies and participating sponsors, other radio stations in the New York metropolitan area, the members of their immediate families (spouse, parent, sibling or child) and those living in the same household of each (whether related or not), are ineligible to enter or win. This Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Entrants are responsible for complying with these Official Rules.
2. All semi-finalists and finalists may be required to provide valid government-issued photo identification and provide their complete address, date of birth and phone number to proceed to the next round or to be offered an employment agreement. Station may perform a standard CBS RADIO background check on any semi-finalist or finalist and you will be disqualified if you do not complete the necessary authorizations and otherwise cooperate with such background check. Additional reference material may also be required to be provided by finalists.
3. Each person who auditions is required to provide truthful information and Station will disqualify any individual that Station discovers to have provided false, misleading or fraudulent information. Station will disqualify any individuals who do not meet the eligibility requirements.
4. Station intends to select approximately fifty (50) finalists from all auditions; however, the Station reserves the right to select more or fewer finalists in its sole discretion. There is no set number of finalists or semi-finalists that will be selected from any particular screening and/or audition location.
1. The individual(s) determined solely by members of Station’s management to be most deserving of an opportunity to host a weekly radio show on Station (the “Potential Employee”) will each be provided the opportunity to enter into an employment agreement for up to one (1) year with Station (the “Agreement”) on terms and conditions as shall be determined by Station, in its sole discretion. The Agreement shall provide for Station’s right, but not obligation, to use the Potential Employee’s on-air services for a once-a-week radio program at such day and time as Station may from time to time designate and for the Potential Employee(s) to be paid a salary at the annual pre-tax rate of $13,624.00 (paid as $262.00 per shift). So long as the Agreement is not terminated for cause by Station, Station shall be obligated to pay each Potential Employee $13,624.00 (less any deductions or taxes required by law) regardless of whether or not Station elects to use the Potential Employee’s on-air services. The Agreement shall be subject to Station’s AFTRA Agreement and the Potential Employee will be required to join AFTRA and to pay union dues. If the Potential Employee has previously been expelled or suspended from AFTRA the Potential Employee may not be eligible to rejoin AFTRA and may be disqualified from being the Potential Employee. The Potential Employee will not be reimbursed for the expense of joining the union or for union dues and due to the number of hours to be worked at the Station, the Potential Employee will not be eligible to participate in any of Station’s or AFTRA’s health or other benefit plans. The Potential Employee will be solely responsible for all taxes and all other fees and expenses not specified herein associated with the Agreement and being selected as the Potential Employee. The Potential Employee will be responsible for following all of Station’s programming guidelines and other Station policies as directed by Station management. Selection as a Potential Employee in no way guarantees future employment.
2. Each Potential Employee will also be awarded upon verification of eligibility a two-year (24 month) lease of a 2013 Hyundai Sonata. Each lease shall have a limit of 20,000 miles. For mileage in excess of the limit above, the lessee shall be responsible for payment of a mileage overage fee of $0.25 per mile. ARV of the Potential Employee vehicle lease is $3,500.00. (If a single individual is selected as a Potential Employee, only one (1) lease will be provided. If a duo is selected to be Potential Employees, each member of the duo will receive one (1) lease.) The Potential Employee must agree to the terms and conditions of the two (2) year lease of the vehicle. In order to qualify as a lessee, the Potential Employee must meet Hyundai Credit criteria 700 Experian score or better. The Potential Employee must take possession of the vehicle from dealer stock and take possession of the vehicle by September 20, 2013. Potential Employee will be solely responsible for all federal, state, sales and local taxes, DMV fees, insurance, gasoline, vehicle maintenance, excess wear and tear, all other fees and expenses not specified herein associated with the receipt and use of the vehicle lease. Potential Employee must provide proof of insurance and a valid driver’s license and must take delivery at a dealership and time specified by the Sponsor. All obligations must be met before Potential Employee takes possession of the car. The Potential Employee will accept the chosen vehicle “as is.” Promotion Entities accept no responsibility for repairing any real or supposed damage to the vehicle from this Promotion. Any additional options (including the interior and exterior color) not specified herein are subject to availability and will be the responsibility of the Potential Employee. If the offered vehicle model is not available for any reason at the end of the Promotion, including vehicle manufacturing, shipping and delivery delays, a substitution of equal or greater value will be made at the Station’s choice. Neither the Station nor the other sponsors have made or are responsible in any manner for any warranties, representations, or guarantees, express or implied, in fact or law, relating to the vehicle, including without limitation, its quality, mechanical condition, merchantability, or fitness for a particular purpose, with the exception of any standard manufacturer’s warranty that may apply to the vehicle.
3. In the event that the selected Potential Employee is unable to meet the requisite Hyundai Credit criteria to qualify for the vehicle lease at the time that the vehicle lease is awarded, Lester Glenn Auto Group will provide the first Potential Employee with $3,500.00 in lieu of the vehicle lease component of the offer. (If applicable, the Station will provide the second Potential Employee with $3,500.00 in lieu of the vehicle lease component of the offer.) Any such payment shall be issued as a check payable to the Potential Employee within approximately eight (8) weeks following verification and completion of all requisite Potential Employee paperwork. In the event that the dealership awards a cash alternative to the vehicle lease, no vehicle lease will be awarded.
4. The vehicle lease or the potential employment cannot be transferred or assigned to another person. The offers have no cash value, except as described above. The offers are expressly limited to the items listed above and do not include any taxes, gratuities or any other expenses. Other restrictions may apply.
5. The Potential Employee shall not have the right to substitute the opportunity to enter into the Agreement for any other item of value or for the cash equivalent and shall not have the right to transfer or assign the Agreement to any other individual or entity. The Potential Employee shall not be entitled to anything other than the item(s) listed above and except as expressly specified, shall not be reimbursed in connection with any taxes or expenses associated with being selected as the Potential Employee and/or entering into the Agreement. Other restrictions may apply.
SEMI-FINALIST SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION
1. Round 1 On-Site Audition Procedures: Be prepared to be screened for an audition by answering a series of sports trivia and other sports lifestyle related questions by one or more judges designated by Station. The judge(s) will make a determination from your answers if you will be chosen to audition in the rant round that same day and given up to two (2) minutes as individuals and up to two (2) minutes as duos to rant about a sports topic (“Rant”) in front of designated members of Station’s staff, its designees and the mall audience. The topic will be one of your choosing. Candidates may be scheduled to perform their Rants at any time during the day of the audition subject to availability. The judge(s) present at each Rant will make a determination if the candidate will move on to Round 2 or be eliminated. You may be notified that you will be invited to move on to Round 2 on the same day of the audition; however, the Station reserves the right to notify candidates at a later date.
2. Round 1 Online Judging Procedures (if applicable): WFAN judges will select videos during the week of August 5th to move on to Round 2 (semi-finals). Selected semifinalists chosen by WFAN must be available to appear on one of the selected dates of the semifinals to be eligible to continue in the competition. Each entrant is solely responsible for transportation to and from the semi-final audition locations.
FINALIST SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION
1. All semi-finalists chosen from the Rant rounds at participating Modell’s locations and online means of entry (if applicable) will move on for an additional audition in Round 2 which will be held at a time, date, and location in the New York metropolitan area to be announced on-air. Station will assign each semi-finalist a location and semi-finalists are not guaranteed to be assigned to a location closest to their residence.
2. Expectations at Semi-Finalist Auditions: You will need to come prepared to Rant about a sports topic of your choice for a maximum of two (2) minutes for individuals and two (2) minutes for duos in front of an audience and a panel of judges selected by Station that may include members of Station management. The judges will make a determination if you will move on to perform a second Rant that same evening or be eliminated. All contestants who are invited to perform a second Rant will be given a sports topic by the judges and an opportunity to perform again for up to two (2) minutes. The judges will make a determination if you will move on to the finals or be eliminated. You may be notified that you will be selected as a finalist on the same evening of the audition; however, the Station reserves the right to notify semi-finalists at a later date.
3. Once selected, each finalist will be featured on WFAN.com where listeners will be able to hear each finalist’s Rants, see video of the finalist and read the finalist’s biography. After each finalist’s materials have been posted, listeners will be encouraged to vote for the finalist that they believe is most deserving and most qualified to host a weekly radio program on Station.
4. All finalists chosen by Station will join afternoon host, Mike Francesa live at Bar Anticipation at 703-5 16th Ave., Lake Como, NJ on Friday, August 23, 2013 from 1:00PM to 6:30PM. WFAN reserves the right to change location at any time and announcement will be made on-air.
POTENTIAL EMPLOYEE SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION
1. Expectations at the Bar Anticipation Finals: Each finalist will have an opportunity to perform in front of members of Station’s management and the Bar Anticipation audience as well as possibly being broadcast on Station. You will need to come prepared for a question and answer segment with Mike Francesa, a monologue and the possibility of interviewing a sports celebrity. The Potential Employee will be announced that evening. Prior to the Finals, Station will inform you of the maximum duration of your monologue.
2. Judging in each round will be based on your suitability to perform the services of an on-air radio personality for a sports talk-radio station. The selection of the Potential Employee by Station management at the finals will be based on such suitability and will take in to consideration the voting on Station’s website as one factor in determining such suitability. (Online voting results shall not constitute more than 50% of the scoring for the Finals.) The decisions of the judges in each round of the Promotion are final. The rules and procedures in each round are subject to change at Station’s sole and absolute discretion. You may be video recorded and/or photographed in any of the rounds of the promotion and your photograph and/or performance may appear on Station’s website or elsewhere without compensation to you. Failure to appear at any scheduled Semi-Finalist or Finalist judging round may result in disqualification.
3. If the Potential Employee is ineligible, elects not to enter into the Agreement, fails to comply with the Agreement or is deemed unsuitable by Station to host a radio program on Station, Station may, but is not obligated to, select an alternative individual to be offered the Agreement.
4. Station has the right to choose runner-up auditioners to participate in any future round in the event that an auditioner selected is unable to participate in a future round or is disqualified. In such event, Station may, but is not obligated, to contact a runner-up to participate in the next round.
1. Payments of all federal, state and local taxes are solely the responsibility of the Potential Employee. All amounts paid to the Potential Employee (including lease or cash amounts) will be reported to the IRS. Prior to being offered the opportunity to enter into the Agreement, the Potential Employee will be required to complete and submit IRS Forms W-4, I-9 and such other paperwork required of Station’s new employees, including without limitation the obligation to provide the Potential Employee’s full Social Security Number.
2. By participating in the Promotion, each entrant agrees to have his or her name, voice and/or likeness used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to the Promotion without additional financial or other compensation, and, where legal, to sign a publicity release confirming such consent.
3. As part of the Agreement, Station, in its sole discretion, may require that the Potential Employee agree to release and hold harmless Station, its licensee, the licensee’s parent, subsidiary and affiliated entities, their respective officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents and representatives and all of their successors and assigns from and against any and all claims or liability arising directly or indirectly from the Potential Employee’s participation in the Promotion and entering into the Agreement.
4. If for any reason this Promotion cannot be executed as planned, including, but not limited to, as a result of infection by computer virus, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Station that corrupt or affect the security, administration, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Promotion, or if the Promotion is compromised or becomes technically corrupted in any way, electronically or otherwise, Station reserves the right to cancel, terminate, suspend, or modify the Promotion. If the Promotion is terminated before the original end date, Station reserves the right not to select a Potential Employee or to choose, in Station’s sole discretion, the Potential Employee from any of the entrants prior to the termination.
5. Station, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process or the operation of Station’s website. Failure to comply with the rules of the Promotion may result in an entrant’s disqualification and/or termination of employment with no further liability of Station to the Potential Employee. If Station makes a good faith determination that an entrant has cheated or committed fraudulent activity in connection with a Promotion, Station reserves the right to disqualify that entrant from entering and/or winning future promotions and to prosecute and seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
6. Station reserves the right to make changes in the rules of the Promotion, including, without limitation, providing the Potential Employee with merchandise, services and/or cash of equivalent value to the Agreement (i.e. $15,000), which will become effective upon announcement. If due to circumstances beyond the control of Station, any element of the Promotion is delayed, rescheduled, postponed or cancelled, Station reserves the right, but not the obligation, to cancel, terminate, suspend, or modify the Promotion and shall not be required to offer any entrant the opportunity to enter into the Agreement or to provide merchandise, services or cash of comparable value.
7. Station is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the Promotion or in the announcement of the Potential Employee.
8. For a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope for receipt by August 23, 2013 to the “Fantasy Phenom” c/o WFAN 345 Hudson Street, New York, NY 10014. The Official Rules and the identity of the Potential Employee (when the Promotion is completed) shall also be available during regular business hours at the main offices of Station, at participating () locations, and may be posted online at http://www.WFAN.com.
CBS Radio and WFAN-AM & WFAN-FM are Equal Opportunity Employers.