LYNBROOK, N.Y. (CBS 2) — Two window washers were hospitalized after receiving an electric shock in Lynbrook Saturday.
The incident happened at 300 Merrick Road around 7:30 a.m.READ MORE: President Joe Biden Visits New Jersey To Push Infrastructure Plan, Including Portal Bridge Construction
According to detectives, two men working for Hewlett Window Cleaners were preparing to wash the windows at a Bank of America branch using a telescoping 40-foot washing pole.
Staten Island resident Nicholas Genovese, 58, was holding the pole at the top of a ladder while Alan Weinberg, 64, of Long Beach was standing on the ground holding the bottom of the pole. At that time, a gust of wind blew the pole into a power line.READ MORE: NYPD Officers Testify As Judicial Inquiry Into 2014 Death Of Eric Garner Gets Underway
Police said that by the time officers arrived, Weinberg was in cardiac arrest. They performed CPR, and paramedics from the Lynbrook Fire Department continued treatment.
Weinberg was stabilized at South Nassau Communities Hospital and subsequently moved to Nassau University Medical Center Burn Unit for treatment of second and third degree burns to his hands and feet. He was in critical condition.MORE NEWS: NYPD: Micah Beals Charged With Criminal Mischief In George Floyd Statue Vandalism
Genovese suffered second and third degree burns. He was in stable condition at Nassau University Medical Center.