Christopher DiMeo Watches Nicole Pearce Speak From Hospital

BRIDGEPORT, Conn. (CBS 2) — Sick and dying in the hospital, a young woman delivered emotional testimony on Monday against the man accused of shooting and killing two Connecticut jewelers.

On trial for his life, convicted killer Christopher DiMeo listened to his accomplice and former girlfriend discuss their heroin-fueled robbery and murder spree. Observers cringed, reports CBS 2’s Lou Young.

He was in a Bridgeport courtroom; she spoke from a hospital bed in the throes of stage 4 cancer.  She cried when she saw the crime scene photos and said after the killings he talked as if they were an occupational inconvenience.

“He said it didn’t go well at all. He took off all his clothes and I asked further questions and he said he wouldn’t answer me,” accomplice Nicole Pearce said, adding when asked about the man in the store, “He said it didn’t go well. The following, you know, day I got the newspaper and I saw the article in the paper. The article about what had happened; the shooting.”

She made sketches of the store.

There were two shootings in the course of four jewelry store robberies. DiMeo and Pearce have already been convicted in the murder of Thomas Denison in his Glen Head, Long Island jewelry story. Now Dimeo faces a possible death sentence in Connecticut for killings of Timothy and Kim Donnelly.

You’ll recall DiMeo was arrested while hiding in an Atlantic City motel after the killings. Pearce on Monday said she was so strung out on drugs she actually walked past arresting officers on her way to get a cup of coffee as them moved in.

“I was surrounded by a bunch of guys with S.W.A.T. gear and they rushed me into the lobby and I asked what was going on and they told me there was a hostage situation. I went to the clerk. I asked if I could pay the money, you know, for the extra room. She said wait ‘til this is done with. I was oblivious to the fact they were there for him,” Pearce said.

In addition to the three murders, DiMeo is also accused in jewelry store holdups in Westbury, Long Island, and Rockland County.

Pearce was sentenced to 20 years in prison for her role in the crime.