NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – Chef Kristin Sollene from Vucciria stopped by the CBS 2 studios to suggest a healthy breakfast option: an egg white frittata!
Check out the restaurant by clicking here.READ MORE: Vaccine Mandate For NYC Teachers, Department Of Education Workers Put On Hold By Federal Judge Gabby Petito's Father Announces Creation Of Gabby Petito Foundation Ahead Of Public Memorial Service
IngredientsMORE NEWS: Gov. Kathy Hochul Increases Pressure On COVID Vaccine Holdouts As Deadline For Health Care Workers Approaches
- 4 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 chopped blanched asparagus
- 1 ounce smoked salmon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Heat olive oil in an oven-safe skillet over medium heat. Add asparagus, and the salmon. Cook and stir briefly to release the flavors.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg whites and pour over the salmon and asparagus, and stir gently.
- Cook over medium heat without stirring, until the edges appear firm.
- Place the skillet in the preheated oven, and bake for 20 minutes, or until nicely browned and puffed.
- Flip onto a serving plate, and cut into wedges to serve.