NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – Oy, it’s hot. And it’s going to stay hot until Friday, it looks like.
So how are you beating the heat? Hating it? Loving it? Send us your “Holy crow, is it hot!” pictures. Dog chilling out? Send it. You getting sun? Send it. You sweltering in the heat? Send it.READ MORE: Driver Charged With DWI, Manslaughter In Crash That Killed Mother, Daughter On Rockaway Boulevard In Queens
All you have to do is upload the photo to our Facebook page. Don’t forget to tell us who is in the picture (first and last name) and where it was taken.READ MORE: Citizen App Seeks 'Field Team Members' To Live Stream Breaking News Stories
Then tune in later to see if we use your photo on air!NYC DOT Asks New Yorkers To Weigh In On Future Citi Bike Station Locations In Brooklyn, Queens
Below are some more tips to help you keep cool as the temperatures heat up:
- Stay indoors in air conditioning as much as possible.
- If you do go outside, stay in the shade.
- If your home is not air-conditioned, spend at least two hours daily at an air-conditioned mall, library or other public place.
- Wear sunscreen outside along with loose-fitting, light-colored clothes that cover as much skin as possible.
- Drink water regularly even if you are not thirsty. Limit alcohol and sugary drinks which speeds dehydration.
- Never leave children or pets alone in the car.
- Avoid exertion during the hottest part of the day.
- Take a cool shower or bath.
- Make sure to leave plenty of water for your pets.
- Be a good neighbor, check on elderly and people with disabilities in your community who may need assistance keeping cool.
- Additionally, residents should contact their local and/or county offices of emergency management regarding any open air-conditioned senior centers or cooling stations.