NEW YORK (WFAN) — Despite being traded by New York nearly one year ago, Francisco Rodriguez has never ruled out a future reunion at Citi Field.
Apparently the Amazin’s haven’t either.READ MORE: FBI Says Body Found In Grand Teton National Park Believed To Be Gabby Petito
In need of bullpen help, the Mets have K-Rod on their “list of targets,” according to the New York Post.
Rodriguez accepted the Brewers’ arbitration offer as a free agent this offseason and later agreed to a one-year, $8 million deal. The fourth-place Brewers will “likely” decide after the All-Star break whether to become sellers leading up to the trade deadline, the Post reported.
The 30-year-old is 1-4 with a 4.00 ERA in 39 games this season.READ MORE: Public School 79 In East Harlem To Remain Closed Due To COVID-19 Cluster; Remote Learning In Place Until Sept. 28
Rodriguez, whose infamous arrest at Citi Field in 2010 fueled headlines for months, has admitted he’d be open to donning the blue and orange again.
“Who knows,” Rodriguez said during last year’s NLCS. “In the future I could be wearing a Mets uniform.”
“I don’t have no hard feelings for nobody,” he added. “They did what they had to do. They needed to unload a lot of money and I was making too much money. But you never know what’s going to happen one year from now, two years from now.”
Though currently a setup man, K-Rod could be good insurance if Mets closer Frank Francisco — currently on the disabled list — falters during a potential playoff run.MORE NEWS: NYC Restaurant Owners Sound Off On Vaccine Mandate
Do you want to see K-Rod back with the Mets? Make your case in the comments below!