Don’t miss out on seeing your favorite artists on television this week. We have the schedule and details for you below. Set your DVR and see Blake Shelton, Jason Aldean, Taylor Swift, the premiere of the new TV drama Nashville, Jamey Johnson with Alison Krauss, Dwight Yoakam, and more!
Tuesday, October 9READ MORE: Fourth Stimulus Check: Will Americans Get Another Relief Payment?
- Blake Shelton continues to entertain us with his quick wit and hilarious jabs at his fellow coaches on the Battle Rounds of The Voice, which airs Monday and Tuesday nights at 8pm ET/7pm CT. See the recap of Monday’s show, The Battle Rounds: Art of the Steal!
- The new season of GAC’s Day Jobs is underway! This week find out if Jason Aldean has what it takes to swing with the big boys as he suits up with the Atlanta Braves; then see if Bill Engvall can keep an audience of first graders entertained on the job in a Space Cavern. This episode airs at 3pm ET and will re-air on October 10 at 10pm ET and October 11 at 2am ET.
- GAC’s Noteworthy at the Opry airs a LIVE Opry Birthday Special featuring performances by Jason Aldean, Bill Anderson, and Casey James in celebration of the Opry’s 87th birthday. The special airs on GAC at 9pm ET and will re-air on October 10.
Wednesday, October 10READ MORE: FBI Executes Search Warrant At Home Of Gabby Petito's Fiancé Brian Laundrie
- The next great drama, Nashville, where all of the actors do their own singing, premieres this Wednesday at 10pm ET/9pm CT on ABC. In the pilot show, chart-topping Rayna James, played by Connie Britton, is a country superstar who’s popularity is starting to decline. Her record label thinks a concert tour opening up for Juliette Barnes, played by Hayden Panetierre, is exactly the boost her career needs. Sharing the stage with up and coming, sexy, pop vixen, however, is the last thing Rayna wants to do. Get a sneak peek here.
The executive producer of Nashville is Callie Khouri (writer of Thelma & Louise). Khouri’s husband, musician and record producer T-Bone Burnett (O Brother, Where Art Thou?, Crazy Heart), also signed on as executive music producer, so songs in the show are written, produced, and performed by some of the best in the business, including The Civil Wars, Elvis Costello and country music legend Ray Price.
- Country artist Dwight Yoakam is the musical guest on Jimmy Kimmel Live, airing weeknights 12am ET/11pm CT on ABC.
Friday, October 12
- Jamey Johnson and Alison Krauss are set to appear on The Late Show with David Letterman this Friday on CBS. The performance is likely to include “Make The World Go Away,” a duet with Krauss that appears on Johnson’s upcoming album Livin’ for a Song: A Tribute to Hank Cochran. The album will be available October 16. The Late Show airs weeknights at 11:35pm ET/10:35pm CT.
Monday, October 15MORE NEWS: Ballet Hispanico 'Leads You Through Awareness, Discovery And Expansion Of Understanding' Of Latinx Culture
- Taylor Swift will preview the next single she will release from upcoming album Red on GMA on ABC between 7am and 9am ET/PT. That single will be available on iTunes at 12:01am the next morning (Oct. 16), a week prior to the launch of her brand new album.
– Nanci Haskin, 99.5 WYCD/Detroit