NEW YORK (WLNY) — The April issue of Fit Pregnancy, on newsstands on March 18, features their annual Buyer’s Guide for 2013 – with tips on how to throw a baby shower and all the top baby must-haves.
Fit Pregnancy’s Tricia Perrotti joined us on The Couch to fill us in.
More: 7 Hot New Mommy Products
How To Register For A Baby Shower:
1. Edit your list: Make sure you don’t have too many things on it, or your friends will get overwhelmed. Talk to experienced parents and find out what you really need. And be sure to have a mix of expensive “big ticket” items and inexpensive items as well.
2. Encourage gift sharing: Suggest your gift givers contact your shower host or best friend if they want to pitch in and get you a stroller or crib, for instance.
3. Revise frequently Update your registry every few weeks as you learn more and/or change your mind about products. And also check to see that no one in the registry has the same name and home one as you, especially important if you register with more than one store.
Visit FitPregnancy.com for more information.
Baby Shower Registry & Gift Ideas
1. Graco Car Seat – This is the only rear-facing infant car seat designed to be used from birth to age 2; American Academy of Pediatrics recommends that all babies stat rear-facing until 2.
2. Lansinoh Affinity Pump – Lansinoh just launched their Affinity Pro, which is a wonderful double electric pump for mom’s going back to work especially. It is comfortable and hygienic with no milk back up in the closed tube system. It is also really quiet and can be completely personalized to your babies rhythm of breastfeeding. lansinoh.com
3. Personalized and Monograms Gifts from UncommonGoods.com
4. Homecare Products –Every mother to be would appreciate a medicine cabinet care package to stock her home. Similasan makes wonderful homeopathic options for children 2 and up. The complete line has 100% natural active ingredients, and has been used in Switzerland for 30 years.similasanusa.com/ or @similasanusa [Table also to be set with Diapers from Earth’s Best and G Diapers]
5. Timi and Leslie Diaper Bag – This faux leather satchel is PVC-free so it’s perfect for eco-friendly moms who love style, too.
6. Uppa Baby – has a lot of great features, including being able to switch the stroller seat so it faces you or outward. It also has a simple one-handed fold.