NEW YORK (WLNY) — Benihana Executive Chef Tony Nemoto showed us how to make the perfect sushi roll and put Carolina, John and Lisa’s skills to the test.
How To Make the Benihana Veggie Roll at home:
1. Place the rice in the center of the nori and evenly spread it to the edges and outer corners by lightly pressing and pushing the rice.
2. Sprinkle the rice with sesame seeds.
3. Add the ingredients:Romaine lettuce (visually looks better if the leaf protrudes from the edges)
- Red Cabbage
4. Use the makisu (bamboo mat) to roll and shape. Don’t squeeze too tightly.
5. Cut the roll into 5 pieces. The outer edges should be cut slightly bigger than the rest.