NEW YORK (WLNY) — Benihana Executive Chef Tony Nemoto showed us how to make the perfect sushi roll and put Carolina, John and Lisa’s skills to the test.COVID Anniversary: New York Marks 1 Year Since 1st Case Detected
How To Make the Benihana Veggie Roll at home:
1. Place the rice in the center of the nori and evenly spread it to the edges and outer corners by lightly pressing and pushing the rice.READ MORE: New Jersey Sports Arenas Reopen At Limited Capacity
2. Sprinkle the rice with sesame seeds.
3. Add the ingredients:Romaine lettuce (visually looks better if the leaf protrudes from the edges)
- Red Cabbage
4. Use the makisu (bamboo mat) to roll and shape. Don’t squeeze too tightly.MORE NEWS: NYPD: Man Charged With Murder In Quadruple Stabbing That Killed Good Samaritan
5. Cut the roll into 5 pieces. The outer edges should be cut slightly bigger than the rest.