NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — Sources said Monday that a woman who was found dead on the No. 1 subway tracks over the weekend was drinking before she fell onto the tracks.

The woman who died in the accident on Sunday afternoon was identified as Emily Singleton, 22, of Park Slope, Brooklyn.

READ MORE: NYPD Officer Wilbert Mora Still In Critical Condition Following Deadly Shooting In Harlem

She was found lying dead on the southbound No. 1 train track at the Canal Street station at around 1:30 p.m. Sunday, police said.

Police believed Singleton was intoxicated and riding the subway Saturday night, and that a Good Samaritan tried to help her.

The Good Samaritan, a woman, escorted Singleton off the train and was holding her purse, but Singleton got back on the train and the doors closed, and the Good Samaritan ended up with the purse, which she returned to a friend who had called the victim’s phone, sources said.

Singleton’s injuries were consistent with a fall onto the tracks and having been hit by a subway train, source said. She had suffered a fractured skull, but toxicology results were pending, source said.

Law enforcement sources told 1010 WINS that Singleton had been seen on surveillance video leaving a bar on West 14th Street and Seventh Avenue on Saturday night.

READ MORE: Westchester Police Departments To Travel To Harlem In Tribute To Fallen NYPD Officer Jason Rivera

The latest incident came the day after a man was killed by a subway train about five miles to the north. Police said John Williams, 58, had climbed down onto the tracks at 72nd Street to retrieve something when he was struck by the southbound D train around 6:40 a.m. Saturday.

Eleven days before that, Liam Armstrong, 18, was struck and killed by a train as he celebrated his 18th birthday.

Armstrong, of Long Island, and his two friends were waiting for a train at the 79th Street 1, 2 and 3 line station when they realized they were on the wrong platform, police said. Instead of taking the stairs, police said they attempted to run across the four tracks to get to the downtown platform.

And just this past Thursday, Bobby Legrand Guin of Mary Esther, Fla., was hit by a northbound A train at the 110th Street-Cathedral Parkway station after doing much the same thing as Williams.

Guin was on the platform when he dropped wads of $20 and $50 bills and jumped down to retrieve the money when the train struck him, police said.

MORE NEWS: Lashawn McNeil, Suspect In Deadly Harlem Police Shooting, Was On Probation, Had 5 Prior Arrests

Please leave your comments below…