NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — We learned this week that “Game of Thrones” author George R.R. Martin would send John of House Idzik straight to the Wall.
The big-time Jets and Giants fan — who saw that coming? — popped off on his blog Sunday after Gang Green’s general manager shipped Darrelle Revis to Tampa Bay.
Well, we did some digging, and “George from Jersey” has been down this road before:
10. March 15, 2013: “Oh, and the Patriots… what a vile thing is Evil Little Bill. The way he treated Wes Welker is disgraceful. Man has absolutely no loyalty to anyone. Watch and see, when Tom Brady’s talents start to fade — and they will, it happens to all of them — Evil Little Bill will ship him out as well.”
9. March 21, 2012: “I was drinking my morning coffee when the headline flashed across the bottom of the screen. That sound you heard was me choking and sputtering. My Jets have given up two perfectly good draft picks for Tim Tebow, the worst quarterback in the National Football League. Gak.”
8. March 15, 2013: “If the Jets crash and burn next year, Rex will get the blame, but Vince Lombardi could return from the dead and he still wouldn’t win a game with the roster the new management is handing Ryan.”
7. Jan. 21, 2013: “They needed a real football guy to evaluate personnel, supposedly, not a bean counter. So the Jets interview half the bloody league, candidate after candidate, many with great credentials in personnel, and what do they finally do?? They hire another bean counter…”
6. Jan. 21, 2013: “Though I no longer have anyone to root for in these playoffs, so long as the Patriots were in the hunt I had a villain to root against… and now they are gone, thanks to Flacco and Ray-Ray. Goodbye, Evil Little Bill.”
5. Dec. 31, 2012: “Big Blue looked great today, on both offense and defense. So great you have to wonder who the hell those guys in the Giants uniforms were the last two weeks. They couldn’t possibly have been the same players.”
4. April 21, 2013: “And what about the new Jets GM? Fire his a– now. Bring back Mike Tannenbaum. Bring back the guy before Mike Tannenbaum. Hell, bring back Harry Wismer.”
3. Nov. 5, 2012: “The Jets avoided losing this week by the clever strategy of not playing.”
2. Sept. 6, 2012: “I love you, Victor… but maybe less salsa dancing and more practice in the off-season would have been wise.”
1. Nov. 11, 2012: “The Giants were awful. The Jets were worse. Life is meaningless and filled with pain. ’nuff said.”
Jets, Giants, “Evil Little Bill,” “Game of Thrones,” it’s all on the table in the comments…