HOBOKEN, N.J. (CBSNewYork) — Hoboken Mayor Dawn Zimmer defended herself and dug in deeper Sunday with her accusation that Gov. Chris Christie’s administration withheld superstorm Sandy aid in a bid to force her to approve a redevelopment project.
A day earlier on MSNBC, Zimmer said that she was pulled aside in May 2013 by Lt. Gov. Kim Guadango, who allegedly told the mayor she needed to move forward with the project or the city would not receive Sandy relief money.READ MORE: NYC Mourning NYPD Officers Wilbert Mora, Jason Rivera After Deadly Ambush In Harlem
CNN’s Candy Crowley pressed Zimmer on Sunday about why she waited until now to come forward. The Christie administration is already entrenched in another scandal after Christie aides ordered the closure of the George Washington Bridge in September, possibly as political payback for Fort Lee Mayor Mark Sokolich refusing to endorse Christie’s re-election bid. Jersey City Mayor Steve Fulop has since come forward to say he suspects the Christie administration canceled meetings with him because he chose, too, not to endorse the governor.