NEW YORK (CBSNewYork/AP) — Woody Allen’s adopted son has defended him against accusations he molested his then-7-year-old adopted daughter in 1992.
Moses Farrow told People magazine in an interview published Wednesday that Allen “of course” did not molest Moses’ younger sister, Dylan Farrow.
Moses Farrow and Dylan Farrow were adopted by Allen and actress Mia Farrow. Dylan Farrow recently wrote an open letter to The New York Times saying she was abused and detailing what she says happened.
New York Times public editor Margaret Sullivan, who had been critical of the Times’ handling of Dylan Farrow’s accusation, wrote in an online post Wednesday that Allen has requested the opportunity to submit a response to her letter. A spokeswoman for the Times confirmed that Allen’s request was granted.
A publicist for Allen earlier pledged that the filmmaker, who has long maintained his innocence, would respond to Dylan Farrow’s allegations. Allen did not comment Wednesday on Moses Farrow’s interview or his plans for a published response.
Mia Farrow’s accusation that Allen had molested Dylan Farrow came during a bitter custody fight. The couple broke up after Mia Farrow discovered that Allen was involved in a relationship with her oldest adopted daughter, Soon-Yi Previn. Allen and Previn later married and have two adopted daughters.
Allen, whose films include “Annie Hall” and “Crimes and Misdemeanors,” was never charged with a crime.
Moses Farrow says Dylan Farrow should not go through life with the “false impression” that Allen molested her. Dylan Farrow calls his comments “a betrayal.”
You May Also Be Interested In These Stories
[display-posts category=”news” posts_per_page=”4″]
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)