NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — Major street closures are on tap for Sunday as riders will take part in the annual Five Boro Bike Tour.
The bike tour will mean it will be tough for people to get around the city on four wheels, CBS 2 reported.
Some major bridge and highway closures to take note of include:
– The southbound FDR Drive from 3rd Avenue Bridge between 7:30 a.m. and 1 p.m.
– The Manhattan-bound upper level of the Queensboro Bridge between 8 a.m. and 1:30 p.m.
– The Brooklyn-bound Pulaski Bridge from 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.
– The southbound BQE from Columbia Street to the Gowanus Expressway between 8:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m.
– The southbound Gowanus Expressway from the BQE to the Verrazano Bridge between 8:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m.
– The Staten Island-bound lower level of the Verrazano-Narrows Bridge between 11:11 a.m. and 4:20 p.m.
Officials warn the closure times are estimates, and that drivers should allow extra time for travel.
Sunday’s event comes on the heels of the Bike Expo New York, which wrapped up Saturday at Basketball City.
The bike expo is the largest one in the country.
Check Out These Other Stories From CBSNewYork.com:
[display-posts category=”news” wrapper=”ul” posts_per_page=”4″]