TOTOWA, N.J. (CBSNewYork) — Totowa, N.J. Fire Marshal Allen Del Vecchio said Saturday’s explosion at Pharmachem Labs occurred while the lab was making eggnog, CBS 2 reported Sunday.
“The process this company was doing was making eggnog. An eggnog, of course, isn’t an explosive product but it looks like another piece of machinery that may have been hooked up with the vac the eggnog was in had a mechanical failure,” said.
Two Pharmachem workers were hurt.
Rumbles from the explosion reportedly shook homes within a three-mile radius.
“It shook the houses. It shook us. We all looked at each other and knew it wasn’t a firework,” Totowa resident Kevin Frank said Saturday. “Our first reaction was propane tank. We thought somebody’s barbecue grill went off. Then we realized it was a little too loud for that.”
You Might Also Be Interested In:
- Man Who Fell Off Jet Ski Beats The Odds, Swims Hours Back To Shore In The Dark
- NJ Councilman Caught On Camera Disturbing Voters In Their Homes Hours After Election Ended
- Subway Chief Slams Suspect’s ‘Stupid, Dangerous’ Stunts Shutting Down Trains Around NYC
- SEE IT: Taking To The Skies With Stunt Pilots Before Jones Beach Air Show