BALTIMORE (CBSNewYork/AP) — Baltimore Ravens owner Steve Bisciotti reiterated Thursday night he was unable to get his hands on the damning Ray Rice elevator attack video despite several attempts, and said he does not believe NFL Chairman Roger Goodell could possibly have seen the video months ago.
Speaking to CBS Sports NFL Pregame Show host James Brown, Bisciotti said he knew there was a second graphic video showing Rice punching his now wife, Janay Rice, in an elevator in the now-shuttered Revel Casino in Atlantic City. But all of the team’s attempts to get the video were vain.READ MORE: Federal Arrest Warrant Issued For Gabby Petito's Missing Fiancé Brian Laundrie
“Of course when we knew we knew that there was other video, and our security did the steps that they normally would. They called the casino, and they would not release it,” Bisciotti said. “They called the Jets and Giants and said, ‘Do you have any influence?’ And they said, ‘No, we cannot release it.’”
Bisciotti told Brown that prosecutors said it would have been illegal to keep Rice off the team until the second tape was obtained and viewed.
Meanwhile, The Associated Press reported earlier this week that a law enforcement official said he had sent the second Rice video to an NFL executive back in April. Goodell told CBS News’ Norah O’Donnell earlier this week that the NFL was never given the video despite requests for it.
“We had not seen any videotape of what occurred in the elevator,” Goodell said. “We assumed that there was a video. We asked for video. We asked for anything that was pertinent. But we were never granted that opportunity.”