HOPEWELL JUNCTION, N.Y. (CBSNewYork/AP) — Wake services are being held Wednesday for the rookie NYPD officer who was killed in a crash over the weekend.

Calling hours for Michael Williams are from 2 to 4 p.m. and from 7 to 9 p.m. at the McHoul Funeral Home in Hopewell Junction, New York.

READ MORE: NYCFC Rallies Late In Second Half, Stuns Philadelphia Union For Spot In MLS Cup Final

Williams died on Sunday morning after the marked NYPD van he was riding in with eight other police officers struck a barrier on Bruckner Boulevard near Bryant Avenue in Hunts Point.

The 25-year-old was sitting in the very back when he was ejected from the vehicle as it careened more than 90 feet. He was pronounced dead less than an hour later at Lincoln Hospital.

The officers in the van were members of the 47th Precinct in the North Bronx. They were being transported to two different details, including the People’s Climate March in Manhattan, according to NYPD Chief of Department Philip Banks.

All eight of the other officers in the vehicle were also injured.

READ MORE: Eagles Remain Undefeated In Their History Against Jets, Score On First 7 Possessions In Easy Win

Funeral services for Williams will be held Thursday at St. Kateri Tekakwitha Church in LaGrangeville, New York at 11 a.m. He will be laid to rest in Mahopac at Union Valley Cemetery.

Williams graduated from a Poughkeepsie-area high school and worked as a part-time sheriff’s deputy before joining the NYPD earlier this year. He had been on the force for just nine months.

Check Out These Other Stories From CBSNewYork.com:

[display-posts category=”news” wrapper=”ul” posts_per_page=”4″]

(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)

MORE NEWS: Connecticut Man Who Tested Positive For Omicron Variant Resting At Home With Mild Symptoms, Gov. Lamont Says