MONROE, Conn. (CBSNewYork) — Sandy Hook Elementary School in Connecticut was evacuated Wednesday morning following a bomb threat.
According to Monroe police Lt. Brian McCauley, the school was evacuated as a precaution after the threat was called in just after 9:30 a.m.
McCauley said the building and grounds were checked, and no evidence of danger was found.
A bomb squad was called in from the state police to help sweep the building, CBS 2’s Lou Young reported.
The school was dismissed early following the threat, and students were moved to nearby Jockey Hollow Middle School to be picked up by their parents, said Nancy Bartosik, with the Monroe superintendent’s office.
As of 1 p.m., it was believed all of the kids had been picked up, McCauley told WCBS 880 Connecticut Bureau Chief Fran Schneidau.Comments