NEWARK, N.J. (CBSNewYork) — A Newark man admitted Thursday to kidnapping and sexually assaulting three different women, in exchange for what is expected to be a sentence of 25 years behind bars.
Hakim Y. Jones, 24, pleaded guilty before New Jersey Superior Court Judge Verna Leath to charges of kidnapping and aggravated sexual assault, according to the Essex County Prosecutor’s office.READ MORE: De Blasio: New Mask Guidance In NYC May Come Monday As More Places Require Vaccinations Or Weekly Testing
The crimes occurred over a 10-day period between March 5 and March 15 of last year, prosecutors said.
Jones made the plea in exchange for a recommended sentence of 25 years in prison, prosecutors said. Under the terms of the plea, he must serve 85 percent of the sentence before becoming eligible for parole, prosecutors said.READ MORE: Injuries Reported Following Bee-Line Bus Crash In The Bronx
Jones was set to be sentenced on April 6, prosecutors said.
In 2011, Jones was convicted of receiving stolen property and resisting arrest, prosecutors said. He was on probation from that conviction at the time he committed the kidnappings and sexual assaults, prosecutors said.
You May Also Be Interested In These StoriesMORE NEWS: Police Seek Suspected Thief Posing As Repairman In Bronx
[display-posts category=”news” wrapper=”ul” posts_per_page=”4″]