HARTFORD, Conn. (CBSNewYork/AP)Gov. Dannel P. Malloy says the state will “do another round of outreach” to the families of the Newtown school shooting victims to see if their needs are being met.

Last week, the parents of two students killed at Sandy Hook Elementary School told a state commission that confusion and poor communication left some families without the services and resources they need, nearly two years after the mass shooting.

Malloy said Wednesday he’s in contact with some families and doesn’t believe such complaints are “universal.” However, he said “they obviously reflect the need of individuals and should be attended to.”

Also Wednesday, the State Bond Commission released an additional $5 million grant to help cover planning and design costs for a replacement school. Lawmakers have authorized up to $50 million.

You Might Also Be Interested In:

[display-posts category=”news” wrapper=”ul” posts_per_page=”4″]

(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)

Comments

Leave a Reply