NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — A man believed to be responsible for five armed robberies over a 10-day stretch in Brooklyn has been arrested, police said.
Justin Farrow, 29, of Brooklyn, is charged with five counts of robbery and criminal possession of a weapon.READ MORE: NYPD: Suspect In Custody For Possible DWI After Injuring Officer At Traffic Checkpoint In Lower Manhattan
All the thefts occurred in Kensington and Windsor Terrace within quick walking distance of a Fort Hamilton Parkway subway station, where cameras caught him coming and going, CBS2’s Dave Carlin reported.
• At around 2 a.m. on Aug. 20, the man ordered a 54-year-old woman at Caton Avenue near East Seventh Street to hand over her bag, police said.READ MORE: Overnight Gun Violence: 3 Men Shot In Queens, Innocent Woman Shot In Brooklyn, NYPD Says
• At around midnight on Aug. 23, the armed robber stole a 35-year-old woman’s phone and cash at East Fourth Street near Fort Hamilton Parkway, cops said.
• Just before 1 a.m. on Aug. 27, the man allegedly stole cash from a 28-year-old woman at at gunpoint at Ocean Parkway and Albemarle Road.
• Minutes later, the gunman robbed a 34-year-old woman of her cash, credit cards and phone, according to police.MORE NEWS: Man Arrested After Allegedly Attacking, Trying To Choke 11-Year-Old Girl At Manhattan Park
• At around 11 p.m. on Aug. 29, the suspect allegedly robbed a 20-year-old woman at 19th and Seeley streets.