By Daniel Friedman
» More Columns
In case you’re still convinced it was a dream, the Mets did actually win the NL pennant on Wednesday night.
And, really, who could blame you? Even David Wright couldn’t believe it, as he expressed in his postgame interview.
Indeed, it’s been a special year (so far) for fans of the Mets, Jets and Islanders.
Such an unlikely sequence of events should be of grave concern to the global populous, because it’s almost surely a prelude to the end of times.
Here are 10 facts, for your consideration:
1. The Mets are going to the World Series.
2. The Islanders are atop the Metropolitan Division and are poised to make the playoffs for the second consecutive year.
3. The Jets are 4-1 and are challenging the Patriots for first place in the AFC East
4. Not only are the Mets going to the World Series, they took out the stacked Dodgers in the NLDS and swept the NLCS, beating Clayton Kershaw, Zack Greinke, Jon Lester and Jake Arrieta along the way.
5. The Mets have the best starting rotation in all of baseball.
6. The Jets have the best defense in football, and in Chris Ivory one of the top three rushers as of the date this story was published.
7. One of the top-five hockey players in the world plays for the Islanders (John Tavares).
8. The postseason record for homers in consecutive games now belongs to a Met (Daniel Murphy).
9. Sports Illustrated picked the Islanders to go to the Stanley Cup Final.
10. The Mets, Jets and Islanders are playing well AT THE SAME TIME.