MINEOLA, N.Y. (CBSNewYork) — The Nassau Inter-County Express is eliminating some bus routes and restructuring others.
The bus system blamed a budget deficit and low ridership for the reduction in service.
Here are the changes, which went into effect Sunday:
• n2/8 has been eliminated
• n14 has been eliminated
• n17 has been eliminated
• n46 has been eliminated (use the n47 for trips between HTC and Newbridge Road)
• n50 has been eliminated
• n51 has been eliminated
• n62 has been eliminated
• n73 has been eliminated
• n74 has been eliminated
• n80 has been eliminated
• n81 has been eliminated
• n19 trips will start/end at the Sunrise Mall and will not travel further east to Babylon. (please use the SCT’s s20 for trips on to Babylon)
• The n20 and n21 routes are being restructured. The n20 is now broken up into two legs: the n20G, which runs from Flushing to Great Neck, and the n20H which runs from Great Neck to Hicksville. The n21 no longer runs to Flushing, and runs from Great Neck to Glen Cove only.
• The n20G will run from Flushing to Great Neck. For travel further eastward toward Hicksville, transfer to the n20H at Great Neck LIRR. Another transfer option for stops between Great Neck and the Clock Tower in Roslyn is the n21.
• The n20H runs from Hicksville to Great Neck. For travel further westward toward Flushing, transfer to the n20G.
• An additional transfer between the n20G/H and n21 has been built in at Great Neck (no additional fare).
• Weekend service on the n21 is being restored.
• The n25/n26 stop has been moved from the south side of Great Neck LIRR to the north side.