NEW YORK (CBSNewYork/AP) — A man who was injured after a large construction crane collapsed in New York City last month has filed a $30 million claim against the city.

The New York Daily News reports 73-year-old Thomas O’Brien, of North Easton, Massachusetts, filed the notice of claim Friday.

O’Brien says he was sitting in his parked car when the crane’s boom crashed down on the car’s roof Feb. 5. He alleges the city was negligent in monitoring the Manhattan construction site.

The crane fell as it was being lowered amid roughly 20 mph winds in a snow squall. The cause is still under investigation.

Wall Street worker David Wichs was killed in the collapse. Three others, including O’Brien, were injured.

A spokesman for the city’s law department says it will review O’Brien’s claim.

The collapse happened just before 8:30 a.m. on Worth Street near Church Street. Cell phone video captured the moment the massive crane fell to the street.

Officials said the person who was killed died on impact, and the three people who were injured were hit by falling debris.

The 565-foot big rig, owned by Bay Crane of Long Island City, Queens and Hicksville, Long Island, and operated by Galasso Trucking and Rigging, was being secured because of the weather at the time.

O’Brien was taken to Bellevue Hospital Center with a head laceration. He was in New York visiting his daughter who lives in the city.

(TM and © Copyright 2016 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2016 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)