NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — New York City is famous for brunch, but not everyone wants to deal with long waits or large crowds.
So why not host your own brunch at home?
On Sunday, Limor Suss of TrendsGirl.com joined CBS2’s Otis Livingston and Andrea Grymes with some do-it-yourself brunch ideas and recipes:
Chicken Caesar Salad Bites
What you need:
• Parmesan cheese, shredded
• Caesar salad
• Chicken breast – cut up
How to Make:
1. Preheat oven to 375 °F.
2. Make small piles of Parmesan cheese on baking sheet lined with parchment paper
3. Bake for 8 minutes at 375 °F.
4. Carefully lift hot cheese and mold on the back of a greased mini muffin pan
5. Let sit for 10 minutes until cheese has hardened
6. Mix Caesar salad and place in each Parmesan cup
7. Top with chicken, more Parmesan cheese and pepper
Apple Pie Popsicles
• 1 cup DairyPure milk
• 2 large apples
• 1 cup apple juice
• 1 tsp. cinnamon
• 2 tbs. brown sugar
• graham crackers (crumbled)
Slice and peel the apples. Steam them in the microwave or on the stove until they are soft. Puree the apples in a blender or food processor. Add milk, cinnamon, juice, and sugar. Mix all of the ingredients together. Fill a Popsicle mold halfway with the apple mixture. Sprinkle in a layer of graham cracker crumbles. Pour more of the mixture into the mold until it is full. (Optional: Add a few more graham cracker crumbs on the top of the mold.) Freeze the popsicles and enjoy!