NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — A man admitted Wednesday to sexually assaulting three women in separate attacks in the East Village in 2014.
Juan Scott, 28, pleaded guilty in Manhattan Supreme Court to burglary as a sexually motivated felony, as well as two counts of sexual abuse, according to the Manhattan District Attorney’s office.READ MORE: Veteran Falls Victim To Phishing Scam, Loses $19,000 From Chase Bank Account Meant For Daughter's College Education
Scott admitted that just before midnight on June 2, 2014, he followed a stranger into her apartment building in the East Village and sexually assaulted her, the DA’s office. The 23-year-oold woman escaped and Scott ran off, prosecutors said.
In a separate incident early on Sept. 21, 2014, Scott got into a quarrel with a woman he had previously dated while in her East Village apartment, prosecutors said. Scott pushed the woman onto her bed, sexually assaulted her, and slammed her head against a wall, prosecutors said.READ MORE: 'Makes Americans More Free': Dana Zzyym Issued 1st U.S. Passport With Gender X Designation
In a third incident on Oct. 17, 2014 around 4:30 a.m., Scott followed a 20-year-old woman into an elevator in Stuyvesant Town, pushed her to the floor and sexually assaulted her, prosecutors said.
Multiple neighbors came out of their apartments when they heard the attack, and Scott ran off, prosecutors said. The attack was caught on surveillance camera, and an anonymous tip to the NYPD Crime Stoppers led to Scott as the perpetrator, prosecutors said.MORE NEWS: Inside Look At 9 DeKalb Avenue, Brooklyn's Tallest Skyscraper
Scott is set for sentencing on Sept. 6.