NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — Police were investigating Tuesday after a Stamford, Connecticut man headed off to a party in New York City this past weekend and never returned.

The NYPD was also investigating an incident in which a man was seen dragging a suspicious trash bag from a building the missing man had visited, sources said.

READ MORE: Car Thieves Increasingly Burglarizing Union County Homes For Key Fobs Left In Plain View Near The Door

Joseph Comunale, 28, who goes by Joey, was reported missing by his father at 8 a.m. Tuesday, sources said.

Joseph Comunale

Joseph Comunale was reported missing from Stamford, Connecticut after leaving for a party in New York City on Saturday, Nov. 12, 2016 and not returning. (Credit: NYPD)

He was last seen by his family in Connecticut on Saturday, when he said he was leaving for a party in New York City that night, sources said.

Comunale did not return home and the family called police, sources said.

Meanwhile, police received an unrelated 911 call about a man dragging a suspicious trash bag out of a luxury co-op building at 418 E. 59th St. in Midtown East, sources said.

While investigating the suspicious bag incident, police determined that Comunale also had visited that same apartment building, sources said.

READ MORE: Young Fencers Chasing Their Olympic Dreams At New Jersey's Advance Fencing And Fitness Academy

“It’s a very, very normal building and very, very nice people in general that live there, so I’ve never heard of any issues of this kind,” Oliver Garnier, of the East Side, said.

“Obviously the authorities are here. I’m sure they’re doing everything they can to figure out what happened,” Adam Barrick said.

Sources said an NYPD K-9 team found clothing and a bloody sheet outside of the building, along with blood evidence on a luggage rack that was used by a resident on the fourth floor to remove some items on Monday and place them in a car, CBS2’s Tony Aiello reported.

The same resident asked a door man how long surveillance videos are kept on file, sources said.

The resident was being questioned at the 19th Precinct late Tuesday, sources said.

Family members were too distraught to speak on camera, but said they were clinging onto some hope, Aiello reported.

MORE NEWS: Yonkers Public Schools Honors Memory Of 10 'Angels' Who Tragically Died Over The Last 3 Years

The NYPD and Stamford police were investigating.