NEW YORK (CBSNewYork/AP) — A federal prosecutor says the man charged with setting off bombs in New Jersey and New York spoke with the FBI for days after his arrest.

Prosecutor Nicholas Lewin said Thursday at a Manhattan U.S. District Court hearing that Ahmad Khan Rahimi made statements over multiple days after his Sept. 19 capture in Linden, New Jersey.

Rahimi limped into the court room wearing a dark blue prison jumpsuit. He was neither shackled nor cuffed as he glanced around the room and coughed repeatedly, WCBS 880’s Rich Lamb reported.

He is still recovering from multiple bullet wounds suffered in a shootout with police. He was moved last week to a federal lockup next to the Manhattan courthouse.

Rahimi entered a not-guilty plea to an eight-count indictment returned Wednesday. If convicted of all charges, he could face a mandatory life prison sentence.

Lewin told Judge Richard Berman that evidence includes numerous videos of Rahimi before a Sept. 17 bomb wounded 30 people in Manhattan, as well as statements made by Rahimi, his journal, DNA, fingerprints and witness statements.

(TM and © Copyright 2016 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2016 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)

Comments

Leave a Reply