NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — A man has been found dead inside a Brooklyn home, which was once the scene of another disturbing discovery.
NYPD investigators responded to the house at 466 East Second Street in the Kensington section Friday.READ MORE: NYPD Officer Wilbert Mora Remains Hospitalized After Harlem Shooting; Sources Say Suspect Had Multiple Guns Hidden Under Mattress
Sources said a 29-year-old man’s body was found wrapped in a blanket inside a closet in the basement of the home.
As CBS2’s Valerie Castro reported, the sight of police officers and crime scene tape brought back painful memories for many neighbors. The property was once the scene of a crime that rocked the Jewish community when a 9-year-old boy disappeared from nearby Borough Park.
“It’s been so long. So to reawaken that sense of fear — it’s difficult,” neighbor Brian Berman said.
“It was a sad event, it was really sad. It honestly touched my heart. It was a little boy, his family was crying,” Mahmud Bhuiyn added.
Leiby Kletzky was walking home from day camp when he vanished in the summer of 2011. After a community-wide search effort, police later discovered the boy’s dismembered body in the attic of the Kensington house.Scrap Metal Fire At Port Newark Sends Heavy Smoke Into Surrounding Neighborhoods
Now, almost six years later, another body has been found inside. Police sources told CBS2 it’s that of Aron’s brother, 29-year-old Jack Aron, who was reported missing earlier this week.
“Somebody said they found a body in the basement,” a woman said.
Police said the body was discovered by another relative who called 911.
“It’s frightening. It’s not something you expect to see when you come home,” Berman said.
The circumstances around the death are suspicious, to say the least, but police have stopped short of calling it a murder. The medical examiner will determine the cause of death, and the outcome will in turn determine whether the case becomes a homicide investigation.
Meanwhile, the mystery is stirring up anxiety for a community that hasn’t forgotten the past.
“It’s really unfortunate that something like this would happen again. My condolences go out to the family of whoever is related to this person,” Bhuiyn said.MORE NEWS: New Video In Search For Gunman Who Shot 11-Month-Old With Stray Bullet; Reward Up To $10,000
Aron is now serving a sentence of 40 years to life in prison for the 2011 murder of Kletzky.