1010 WINS-After a mother, father, and their two young children were found deceased in a Parks, Arizona cabin on New Year’s Day, officials have described finding a “significant failure” in the structure’s heating system.
The Coconino County Sheriff’s office has released information from their ongoing investigation, which has found a failure in the heating system consistent with carbon monoxide gas overcoming the home. The heating unit was the only gas appliance in the cabin, providing additional evidence to the theory of a possible carbon monoxide-related event. The official cause of death is still to be determined by the Medical Examiner.
After this tragedy – local authorities are reminding people to have carbon monoxide detector installed and to inspect heating systems regularly.
-Rebecca Zamer/Joe Cingrana